Dry Skin on Face
We’re in the midst of winter, which means freezing temperatures and biting winds. During the winter, most of us bundle up from head to toe with hats, gloves, coats, and boots, but we often leave our face exposed. This exposure can cause dry skin; however, dry skin on your face isn’t always caused by cold air. It can also be caused by soap, misusing moisturizers, medications, and certain medical conditions.
If you suffer from dry skin, FastMed has tips to help you get rid of it and decide when medical treatment is necessary.
Dry Skin? Face the Problem Head On!
If left untreated, dry skin can lead to dermatitis, swelling, and infection; however, dry skin can usually be treated with the proper moisturizer and skin care regimen. So, before you visit FastMed, try these few simple tips to rid yourself of the dry skin on your face:
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! If you are not already using a moisturizer, now is the time to invest. Before you buy, check out this list of the 10 best facial moisturizers from Real Simple.
- Don’t misuse your moisturizer. Moisturizer is important, but it also possible to misuse it, causing the skin on your face to dry out even more. Read this article so you can properly moisturize your face.
- Change your soap. Moisture-robbing soaps are often the cause of dry skin. Research the best soaps for dry skin and try them.
- Read the labels on your medicine. If you are taking any medications and suffering from dry skin, the medicine could be the cause. Read the side effects on your medicine bottles to see if dry skin is on the list. If it is, consult with a physician about the proper treatment methods.
- Take shorter showers. Really hot water can dry out the natural oils in your skin. If you are one of those people who like their showers steaming hot, try shortening the amount of time you take them.
If the dry skin on your face doesn’t seem to be getting better, visit a FastMed location near you and consult with one of our physicians. We will work to determine the cause of your dry skin and have your face feeling as smooth as a baby’s bottom in no time! For more tips and tricks, check out our Health Resources Center.
The content presented on this page is not intended to diagnose health problems or take the place of professional medical care.