The A/R Specialist is responsible for maintaining low A/R and bad debt for assigned payors. For developing an effective plan of action and implementation of the plan of action for claims greater than 30 days. They will ensure reported accounts receivable balances are correct. They are responsible for remitting aged A/R to external collections and reporting these submissions to the Posting Department. The A/R Specialist will be well-versed in positive and supportive customer service, have a verifiable history of dependability in the workplace, be able to multi-task, and be team oriented.
- Communicating with customers with billing issues while practicing FastMed’s SMILE philosophy
- Follow up with insurance companies on submitted claims for status of payment via phone call, email, or the use of websites.
- Actively work accounts receivable to maintain acceptable days in A/R.
- Ensure the reported accounts receivable balances are corrected
- Remitting aged A/R to external collections and reporting these submissions to the Posting Department
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding PHI as well as follow HIPAA regulations.
- Communicate issues with Team Leader, Manager, or Director.
- Be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Any other responsibilities assigned by the Team Leader, Manager, or Director
Education: High School diploma, one to two years related experience, or proven medical billing experience within FastMed; or equivalent of education and experience.
Associates Degree Preferred.
Knowledge of medical insurance terminology, insurance billing guidelines and concepts. Good interpersonal skills and strong organizational skills and ability to appropriately prioritize account activity necessary. Computer literacy a must.
Practice Velocity Experience.