If you are a CMV driver or aspiring to be, you have probably asked yourself, “Where can I get a DOT physical exam?” Since the FMCSA implemented stricter guidelines regarding the DOT physical exam, finding a qualified medical examiner or clinic has become more difficult. FastMed Urgent Care has numerous medical professionals ready to help.
For Anyone Wondering Where To Get a DOT Physical Exam, Here is What You Should Know First:
- Most CMV drivers are required to pass a DOT physical exam every two years to maintain their DOT medical certificate.
- Without a valid DOT medical certificate a driver may be ineligible for a CDL. This includes drivers wishing to renew their CDL and drivers applying for the first time.
- According to DOT regulations, CMV drivers should maintain certain levels of health to ensure their safety and that of other motorists.
- A certified medical examiner must determine that a driver is healthy enough to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle before a driver can obtain a DOT medical certificate or renew their CDL.
- During a DOT physical exam, a medical examiner will evaluate a driver’s ability to operate a commercial motor vehicle. This evaluation may include drug and blood sugar tests, vision and hearing exams, and blood pressure measurements. A driver’s medical history may also be taken into account.
- Where to get a DOT physical is ultimately up to the driver. However, CMV drivers are required to choose a healthcare provider who is recognized by the FMCSA National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners.
FastMed follows DOT regulations and offers DOT physicals by FMCSA certified professionals. Additionally, FastMed has physical exams starting at $85 and flexible hours to save you time and money. For anyone wondering where to get a DOT physical exam, FastMed is a safe and reliable choice.