Get the school year off to a healthy start with $25 school or sports physicals.
With the new school year quickly approaching, there's no better time than now to ensure that your child is ready to excel. Healthy children not only do better in class,** they're less likely to be injured on the playing field***. Plus, if your child doesn’t have proof of vaccinations, they may not be able to attend school or participate in sports activities. Don’t worry, FastMed’s school and sports physicals include a vaccine review.
And right now, FastMed is offering school or sports physicals for just $25! That's $15 off the original $40 price! Save time and money when you choose FastMed for your child’s back to school physical needs.
What should I bring?
To save time, make sure to bring the following:
- Any physical forms or documents required by the school or team, including sports physical or vaccine review forms
- Health and immunization documentation/records
- Glasses, sports goggles, corrective lenses, or contacts required to pass a vision test
- If your athlete has a history of heart problems, conditions, or episodes related to the heart, we require documentation from the athlete’s primary care or treating physician stating that the condition has been evaluated and does not prevent participation in sports
How can I save time?
Back to school activities include a lot of running around; follow these three simple steps to save time:
- Check in online before your visit
- Complete the patient registration form via our convenient online e-registration
- Complete your sports physical form and bring it to your visit
Why choose FastMed?
FastMed beats the competition, hands down. Here’s why:
- Convenient hours, 7 days a week at 100+ locations
- Quality care recognized by the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval
- One-stop provider of sports, camp, and school physicals
- More than 35,000 sports physicals completed annually
What are school and sports physicals?
A school physical is a health assessment that’s required for school purposes.
Sports physicals are pre-activity physical exams typically required to ensure your child’s safety while participating in organized sports.
A school or sports physical entails the following:
- A review of family and medical history
- Vital signs check
- Height and weight check
- Vision screening
- Vaccine review
FastMed follows CDC guidelines for a vaccine review. Patients must bring their vaccine history information in order for the vaccine review to be completed. If FastMed doesn’t offer the vaccines your child needs, we can refer you to a neighboring medical center that does.
- General physical exam
This exam is not a substitute for a comprehensive examination where important, preventive information is covered.
Why get a school or sports physical?
In a study reported by CNN,** healthy, physically fit children perform better in school. Most states also require proof of immunizations for enrollment. FastMed’s school physicals are an ideal way to assess your child’s health and ensure that all necessary vaccines are up to date. Even if your child is in good health, these once-a-year exams provide an opportunity to address any age-appropriate concerns—before they impact your child’s continued healthy development.
Don't play games with the safety of your child. Organized sports contribute to more than 3.5 million injuries among children and teens each year.*** Getting a sports physical can pinpoint potential problems and prevent serious injuries. Plus, a sports physical is likely required for your children to participate in organized sports programs. Protect your young athletes by taking this simple, but vital, step before they step onto the playing field.