The OHS Billing Specialist is responsible for review of OHS patient visits and
documentation. They establish accurate procedure and diagnosis codes in Practice
Velocity. They enter in the appropriate modifiers and any other additional data required
by OHS clients in order to get a claim paid in a timely manner. They are responsible for
monitoring aged claims in Practice Velocity and researching reasons for non-payment
and/or denial and getting the claims accurately processed and paid. They are also
responsible for any other duties that may be assigned.
• Communicating with customers with billing issues while practicing FastMed’s
• Payment posting
• Correcting information on returned mail
• Reviewing medical records and applying appropriate codes, modifiers and other
claims information to accounts for billing purposes.
• Reviewing, correcting and rebilling claims reported in the electronic billing
• Processing Workers’ Compensation medical records requests.
• Communicate and coordinate any issues with the Billing Team Lead.
• Any other responsibilities assigned by the Billing Team Lead.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
VALUED BUT NOT REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
One or more year’s external medical billing experience preferred. Associates Degree