FasMed Participates in Bull City Race Fest and Food Truck Rodeo in downtown Durham
This past Sunday, October 20th, Jason Williams, FastMed Urgent Care’s President and CEO of the Eastern Region, and Velaire Elliott, National Contracting Analyst at FastMed, joined close to 6,000 other runners in the Bull City Race Fest and Food Truck Rodeo in downtown Durham and participated in the half marathon.
The race was a half marathon, five mile and one mile run on a cool Sunday morning with weather in the 50’s, providing a nice, sunny day that took runners through downtown Durham and Duke’s campus ending with a lawn festival at the Durham Performing Arts Center, with food trucks, a kids’ zone, entertainment, music and activities for the entire family.
Through its participants such as FastMed’s staff, and its sponsors, the Bull City Race benefits the following organizations:
- Arts for Life – Connecting the art and healthcare communities of North Carolina.
- Medals4Mettle - endurance athletes and runners to pay it forward to those thatdemonstrate similar mettle, or courage, as they face life’s challenges.
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training
- Swim Across America, Inc. – Promoting cancer research, prevention and treatment through swimming- related events.
- Special Olympics of NC - Allowing children and adults with intellectual disabilities opportunities to develop physical fitness.
- Uhuru Child – fighting the bondage of extreme poverty through education and employment through local businesses.
- First Flight – inspiring ordinary people to completing their first 5K.
- Habitat for Humanity’s Women Build - Address the housing crisis facing millions of women and children worldwide.
- Activate Good – creating active volunteers to help charitable causes throughout local communities.
The event had Girls on the Run of the Triangle, Diamond Springs, Lowe’s, Habitat for Humanity Energy Gell and Merritt Webb onsite as Aid Station Sponsors.
Other sponsors included American Tobacco, New Balance, Fleet Feet Sports, Endurance Magazine, Bull City Running Company, Athleta, Bruegger’s Bagels, Massage Envy Cliff Bar, ReverbNation and many others.
More information on the annual event can be found by visiting www.bullcityracefest.com