Eye twitches are uncomfortable and can sometimes cause a disturbance in your vision. They are typically harmless, but if your eye twitches frequently, it could be due to an underlying condition that requires medical treatment. Before you become too annoyed by your right or left eye twitching, consider that eye twitches can be a sign of good fortune in some cultures. In China, a left eye twitch in men is a sign of good luck; in Indian, a left eye twitching is good news for women.
If you are bothered by your left or right eye twitching, visit FastMed Urgent Care. We will work to determine the cause of your eye twitch and provide you with proper treatment.
Visit FastMed Urgent Care to Find Out Why Your Left Eye Is Twitching
Right and left eye twitching is caused by spasms of the eyelids’ muscles. These spasms cause a strange fluttering sensation that is uncomfortable for most people. Common causes of right and left eye twitching are:
- Eye strain
- Dry eyes
You should visit FastMed Urgent Care if:
- Your eyelid twitching does not go away within 1 week
- The twitching completely closes your eyelid
- The twitching involves other parts of your face
- You have redness, swelling, or a discharge from your eye
- Your upper eyelid is drooping
- In most cases, eye twitches will go away on their own. Treatment can be as simple as reducing your stress and caffeine levels or using over-the-counter artificial tears. If your eye twitching becomes a problem, stop by FastMed. All of our locations have extended hours, so we can provide you with the best medical treatment at a time that is convenient for you.