Zesty Watermelon Salsa
Summer is winding down, but let’s squeeze in one last summertime recipe before we turn to delicious chili, soups, and comfort foods of fall and winter. This zesty salsa substitutes the usual tomato base for sweet watermelon, which pairs perfectly with the kick of a jalapeño pepper. Lower the heat factor by removing the seeds from the jalapeño, or keep them in for a tongue-tingling taste. You won’t need the whole watermelon for this, so cut the rest into picnic-ready slices. Serve with Tostitos® Hint of Lime chips for a smashing success!
What You Need
- 4 cups of watermelon, chopped (about eight large slices)
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 .5 Tbsp. lime juice (or the juice from 2 limes)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced (with or without seeds, depending on your spice tolerance)
- 2.5 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
What to Do
- Put the watermelon in a colander and allow to drain for a few minutes, so you don’t end up with a soggy salsa.
- Mix the watermelon, bell pepper, lime juice, green onion, jalapeño pepper, cilantro, and garlic salt in a bowl, and serve with chips!