November 19 – FastMed urgent care is having their Grand Opening Ribbon Cutting Ceremony with the Raleigh Chamber of Commerce and the local business community November 28 from 11 AM to 1 PM. The Ribbon cutting will take place sharply at 12:30 PM. The Raleigh Chamber of Commerce will be conducting the ribbon cutting, with local community business owners and leaders invited to attend, have lunch and learn about FastMed Urgent Care.
The new FastMed Urgent Care is located at the corner of Millbrook Road and Falls of the Neuse Rd. in Quail Corner Commons (click here for directions), in what was formerly the old Wachovia Bank. The Millbrook Road clinic’s opening marks 28 locations serving local North Carolinians.
FastMed’s services will include:
- Medical treatment by a physician or physician assistant 7 days a week, 365 days a year (open year round) with hours from 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and 8am-4pm Saturday and Sunday
- Onsite X-ray images available with FastMed digital X-ray machine
- Sutures, cyst removal, incision & drainage, splinting and other procedures onsite
- Onsite Phlebotomy services and administering PO, IM & IV medication/fluids onsite
- Orthopedic injury treatment
- Automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Drug cart stocked appropriately for patient population
- 4 examination rooms
- Ability to treat children and adults
- Vaccinations and flu shots for children and adults
- Ability to accept most insurances
- Online Check-in option and new patient registration forms through www.fastmed.com
FastMed is also known for their occupational health programs for local employers, covering everything pre-employment drug screens to medical care for any injury or illness sustained while performing duties for a job.
In 2013, the Millbrook Rd. FastMed location will receive its Certification by the Urgent Care Association of America. The UCAOA Certification distinguishes FastMed as a true urgent care center, proving that FastMed patients are provided with walk-in, extended-hour medical attention with licensed providers for a comprehensive scope of medical conditions. All of FastMed’s other locations are certified by the UCAOA.
About FastMed Urgent Care:
FastMed Urgent Care is a North Carolina-based owner and operator of urgent care facilities with locations throughout North Carolina and Arizona. FastMed focuses on the delivery of non-appointment based medicine to the non-emergency patient market. The urgent care centers are open 365 days a year and are staffed with experienced and licensed physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners. For more information, please visit www.fastmed.com. FastMed is managed by an affiliated entity of one of the investment funds of the Comvest Group.
About the Comvest Group:
The Comvest Group, with $1.2 billion of assets under management, provides flexible financing solutions to lower middle-market companies through its equity and debt funds, often meeting time-critical and complex funding requirements. The firm includes seasoned, senior level operating executives who partner with managers and owners of companies to operationally improve businesses and create long-term value. Since 2000, Comvest has invested more than $1.5 billion of capital in over 105 public and private companies. For more information, please visit www.comvest.com.
Reuel Heyden | Dir. Of Community Relations
FastMed Urgent Care