Doctors Urgent Care vs Convenient Care
The difference between convenient care and urgent care is doctors. Convenient care clinics are normally in stores or supermarkets and use nurse practitioners in lieu of doctors. Doctors urgent care are primarily trained in family medicine or internal medicine. FastMed Urgent Care locations are staffed with a full medical team including doctors, physician assistants, nurse practitioner and other medical professionals. You can find a FastMed Urgent Care location in NC or AZ by simply typing in your zip code.
FastMed Urgent Care doctors and their medical staff provide services similar to a primary care physician.
- Check-ups and physicals for infants, children, and adults
- Vaccinations and flu shots for children and adults
- Preventive care and health education
- Acute and chronic illness management, including diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension, and endocrine issues
- Gynecological exams and sexual health care
- Weight loss and smoking cessation management
At any one of our urgent Care walk in clinics, you can simply drop by. We understand you don’t always get sick or hurt during the week or between 9:00 and 5:00, so we offer walk-in service and you can use our ZipPass to let the clinic location know you are coming.
FastMed Urgent Care accepts most major forms of insurance in North Carolina and Arizona. We also have a self-pay discount program to help families manage their health care. We are open every day of the year and operate under extended hours. Whether its a sudden bout of strep throat, a pulled muscle or your annual physical – there are caring, highly qualified medical professionals right in your neighborhood to help.